1.27.2011

(temporarily) IN MEMORIAM



Yesterday I went back home through the path I always take. It took me about 5 minutes walking and 3 minutes running on the street to catch a bus –makes me realize this is the only exercise I have– then an hour and fifteen minutes hanging on any grip I could find in the bus. After the experience –so called torture– in the bus is over, still have to climb the overpass to be on the side street I want.
Passing through the overpass is my favourite. I can find so many people who try to please the pedestrians with the merchandise they’re selling. I see an artist with his thick braided hair was ready to paint any ordered painting. Beside him there was a man with his friendly smile ready to sell any kind of house hold you need –we know now, no need to worry if you have a broken zipper on that overpass…he has what you need– Next to that man there was a young talkative man in blue jeans who yell –in a positive way– to everbody who pass in front of him to offer a sim card for your cell phone. There was also a lady with a lot of artificial jewelry pinned all over her outfit, showing that she sells things that will make women look sparkling in cheaper way. They are all amusing in your sore feet after the long journey home.

 When I was walking through the overpass yesterday, my eyes rolled at couple of men talking in a rush saying that they are no longer be able to sell what they’ve been selling for so long there anymore, did I mention that what they do is illegal? Yes, it’s a kind of an illegal thing to do since the overpass is a tool to cross the street and not a place to transform any men into a cadger, so by nature they are forbid to do that.
I feel sad about them, moreover I feel sad about my next walks on that overpass without them. They are not disturbing and not doing any harm. Like I said they are amusing. Want to know what is annoying and need to be exterminated from this planet?
1.People who selfishly smoke in an airconditioned room –if they wanna die fast I don’t mind, but please die alone-
2.People on a public1 street with their blackberry, got so occupied with it yet still mind to step aside to let other people to walk through –don’t they realize that people who’s walking behind them are having a lot things to do rather than waiting for their stupid brain to be reactive to others?–
3.People who listen to songs (nothing wrong with it) but when I say LOUDLY, something is wrong right? –if the songs is ok and on the right time then it’s fine by me–
4.People who got so busy kissing someone else's ass -don't they have a boyfriend or a girlfriend to kiss?-

So hopefully all of my favourite sellers are still there today when I put my step on that overpass. Expelled or not, I know sooner or later they’ll be back there again to earn some money for their own sake by pleasing us as pedestrians.

Have a great almost midday Thursday,



Maria


1Public means everybody’s not YOURS…growp up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment